Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chapter 1


Chapter 1

"Don't tell me that you cannot help me in escaping this stupid bridesmaid thing!" said a very frustrated Alyssa.


Aston rolled his eyes at his best friend Alyssa. She could be pretty dense sometimes. He couldn't get the fact that why was she whining at having an opportunity, for which every other girl was envious of her.


Aston smiled and said, "Surely, it is not such a big deal as you are making it out to be."


Sometimes Alyssa wanted to kill her best friend. What was the use of having a male best friend, if he could not save you from troubles? But she knew that she could never live without him. She loved him too much to loose.


Alyssa glared at him and he simply shrugged it off. She said, "I can't believe it! My own best friend can't save me from the troubles. You know how much I despise wearing such stupid clothes! I would look all girly!"


Aston rolled his eyes and mockingly said, "Yeah, and that would be such a bad thing. Isn't it? A girl should never look like a girl. She should always look like a boy."


He laughed and looked at Alyssa. An unreadable emotion passed in her eyes. For a moment, he wondered if he had offended her. He tried to look guilty, but Alyssa beat him to it.


Alyssa said, "Don't you dare try and look guilty for a thing you have no resentment for. I know that I do not exactly look like a girl, but you really can't blame me if I prefer being natural rather than moving after you like those stupid girls."


Alyssa always hated the girls who ran after him. They acted like he was some God or something. Aston, surely was well-built, talk, dark, handsome and extremely rich. And although he looked like Greek Adonis but that didn't mean that they had to run after him like dogs.


She always wondered if Aston could ever see her as a lover rather than his best friend. Could he ever love her as a woman and not a friend? Although, she exactly was a tomboy, but that didn't mean that she didn't had feelings. Why couldn't he see that?


She got up from her table and slammed her fist on the table, causing the contents to shake a little. And this action was enough for Aston to realize that he had infact, made a grave mistake. Alyssa hardly ever lost her calm.


He held her hand and made her sit down. He said, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean that you look like a boy. I meant that you don't dress up like a girl. That's it. Ally, you have to understand that despite saying this, I love you."


Only if he meant those words the way she wanted them to mean. But she couldn't let him see that. She wouldn't ever let him know about her feelings. She knew that she wasn't the type of girl he could ever love. And she had no strength in her to face rejection. One sided love already sucked and she didn't want to loose her best friend.


Alyssa smiled mockingly at him and said, "Wow! First tell a girl that she is not a girl, and then say that 'I love you'. What kind of friend are you? You know that in those dresses, I would end up looking like a wimp. I don't want to look like an ugly duckling, in my own sister's wedding! But she doesn't care, does she? Nope! She is hell bent on making me a bridesmaid and telling me about the blue chick-flick stuff I would have to wear!"


Aston knew that it was a good thing that he was the best man. Otherwise, no one would have been able to handle her in those clothes. Although the idea seemed incredible, he actually wanted to see her in a proper gown. But he knew that it would be disastrous and he knew better than to voice his thoughts.


Aston looked at her incredulously and asked, "You seriously called to meet me in this coffee shop, just to discuss this?"


She glared at him, but then said, "Yes."


He looked at her as if she had ten heads. He couldn't believe that this was the problem, for which Alyssa had called him so urgently. She had even gone lengths to threaten him about breaking into his office if he refused to meet her here. And hearing the seriousness of her tone, he knew better.


He said, "I don't know if this is your kind of joke, but I seriously hate it. Did I cancel my meeting, just to hear my best friend complaining about her dress?"


She looked guilty. She knew that he was a busy person and he loved to work. She knew that the problem was not that big enough. But she desperately wanted Aston to support her. She knew that it was a mistake to call him like that, but she desperately wanted to meet him.


She looked disheartened. She sadly said, "I am sorry. I shouldn't have called you like that. It was my mistake."


Aston could see that his best friend was upset. He didn't like when Alyssa was upset. He hated to see her sad. And the fact that hurt the most was that he was the reason for her sadness. He knew that she was upset with the whole scenario and he shouldn't have had talked to her like that.


Aston lifted her chin and said, "I am sorry, Ally. I shouldn't have talked to you like this. The way you called me, made me terribly worried. I was worried that something had happened with you or so. After so much worry, when I came to know that you called me for such a stupid reason, I became agitated. But I didn't mean to hurt you. Sorry."


Alyssa smiled at her best friend. She said, "It's ok. It's not your fault that I have to dress up like a doll for my sister's wedding and end up looking like a joker."


At this, Aston grinned. He said, "Whatever happens, you know that I would be the one who has to hold your hands and walk down the aisle, right? And I am so hot that people would forget to notice a joker walking down besides me."


Alyssa hit him with her hands and grinned. It was at moments like these, when she wanted to tell him how much she loved him. She couldn't forget the fact that she would be walking besides him. And hence, she was worried. She smiled at him.


Alyssa said, "Hmm, maybe you are right. Maybe the people won't look at me. I guess, it wouldn't suck that much."


Aston smiled and said, "So, now no more worries. We are together in this, ok? Just relax. Whatever happens, I am always there for you."


Alyssa smiled. She nodded her head and took his hands. He squeezed her palm and reassured her. She knew that he was there for her.


Some moments passed away in silence. They loved this silence. They had such a comforting level with each other that neither of them required to utter a word. They both found peace in this silence.


After sometime, Aston looked at someone and smiled. She looked at his direction to see a beautiful girl entering the coffee shop. He winked at Alyssa and she was sure that Aston was going to flirt with that girl. And by the end of this meeting, the girl would be in his arms.


He went towards her and said, "Hi, I am Aston and she is Alyssa."


She smiled with her lipstick coated lips and said, "Oh, hi Aston, hi Alyssa. I am Ashley."


Aston smiled at her and asked, "Why don't you join us?"


Alyssa seriously wanted to kick her best friend. What's with the boys and their need to flirt? But then, she couldn't actually blame Aston. The girl wore such clothes which probably had 'hey-I-am-single-and-ready-to-mingle' and 'just-ask-me-out' written on them. They were short and quiet revealing.


Ashley smiled at Aston and said, "I would love to, but I don't want to interrupt you guys. I have no intention of becoming a third wheel."


As if! Alyssa knew better than to trust Ashley. She knew that Ashley was just trying to act all sugary sweet. Alyssa hated such artificial girls.


Aston smiled at her and said, "Oh, that isn't a problem. We both would love if you join us. We were actually getting short of talks."


Both? Aston was stupid to think that Alyssa would like Ashley to join their company. Alyssa would prefer walking away to home, than have her company.


Ashley asked him, "Are you sure? I mean, don't you want time alone? You two are committed, isn't it? I thought that you were a couple."


Aston looked at her if she was mad. But he composed himself and told her, "Um, actually we don't have any Une liaison between us. She is just my Meilleur ami."


She knew that it was the truth. They didn't have any love affair going on between them and she was just his best friend. Aston flirting with another girl in front of her wasn't new either. So, why did it hurt so much?


Ashley smiled seductively at Aston and said, "Thank God! I thought you were with her. I can't tell you how much I was dismayed at the thought that you were committed. I thought that we could have made a greater pair."


Alyssa stopped herself from rolling her eyes at Ashley. Alyssa wanted to puke at Ashley's obvious attempts of seduction. Alyssa knew that Ashley couldn't be anymore specific. She knew that Ashley wanted to go on a date with Aston. But the thing that pained her was the fact that she knew that Aston wanted that too.


Aston grinned and asked, "So, would you go out on a date with me Mon cheri?"


'My dear', Alyssa knew that it was typical of her to get jealous of Ashley, but she hated when Aston used his French endearments for someone other than her. She was used to the French endearments showered on her by Aston. It hurt her to share those with someone else.


To Alyssa's dismay, Ashley replied, "Avec plaisirVolontiers!"


She would love to. Alyssa already knew that. She knew that Ashley would say a yes, why wouldn't she? After all, Aston was truly the most handsome man born on Earth. Alyssa forced herself, not to think negative. She forced herself to blink away the tears that were threatening to surface.


And with that, Aston turned towards her. He smiled his breath-taking smile at her. He lightly kissed her cheeks and said, "Good bye, Mon amour." And with that, he linked his arms with Ashley and left.


My love. He didn't know that his French endearments made her skip a heartbeat. How she wished that he actually meant those words. She forced herself to get up from there without crying and went on her own way.



Posted Here : 
http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2916046/2/Just_Friends


Please read and review. I would be waiting for the reviews. I hope that after providing you with such a long chapter, you can atleast review it for me.



For replying to any post of this blog, simply click on 'Name/Url' option and just fill up your name and 'continue'. Or use 'anonymous' replies but put your name in the last line :)




- Mahak

No comments:

Post a Comment